A New York city that has a wonderful atmosphere and is in some ways the bridge between New York City and the rest of the state, Yonkers, with its many attractions and beautiful views, is home to many successful individuals. And with success usually comes a certain amount of wealth, and that wealth needs proper management or else it won’t reach its full potential. To help make sure this occurs and keep your own mind clear for other endeavors, we recommend the use of a financial advisor or investment manager, many of which work in the area.
We found some excellent choices in White Grove and New York City that could be perfect fits for you and your family. Here are our top five choices for financial advisory firms for Yonkers, New York:
1) Silvercrest Asset Management
Our first choice for Yonkers is Silvercrest Asset Management, which has $21.3 billion in assets under management and is a massive firm that surpasses the scope of most others in the country. Also an incredibly exclusive firm, we think they might be a top option if you’re looking for advisors who know precisely how to work with wealthy clients, their families, and their unique concerns. It should also be noted that they are easily one of the top-rated firms in the country.
Providing whatever services you might require, they are able to provide you with a plan that will not be beaten. They are also willing to use whatever resources might be required to get you the best returns.
Silvercrest Asset Management is a fee-only firm that has a $10 million account minimum.
You can expect the following working with Silvercrest Asset Management:
- A commitment to finding and securing excellent opportunities for their clients.
- A team that is concerned about estate planning and generational wealth.
- They will hold themselves to the highest professional standards possible.
2) Tiedemann Advisors
Another huge New York City firm, Tiedemann Advisors has $19 billion in assets under management, with a staff large enough to meet the needs of their huge client base. Continually growing and more recently undergoing a few mergers, the firm has a bright future ahead of it and can muster the resources to meet whatever needs clients have.
When investing for clients, they prefer to first get a big-picture view of the market, and then invest from there, making careful adjustments to make sure clients are getting the best possible returns.
Tiedemann Advisors is a fee-only firm that has no strict account minimum, although you will want to check if there are other requirements or minimums not stated.
You can expect the following working with Tiedemann Advisors:
- A focus on building a long-term client-advisor relationship.
- A team that will want to hear your input on where your money is being invested. The client feeling certain that they are still in control of their assets is important to them.
- Options for socially conscious investors, if you’re worried about the impact your investments are going to have.
3) Rockefeller Capital Management
Another huge firm based in New York City, Rockefeller Capital Management has extended beyond their namesake to provide advice and services to a wide range of client types and businesses, and now has about $15 billion in assets under their management to show for it. Experienced, focused, and professional, this is a firm you can trust with your financial future.
When investing, they prefer to take a long-term approach and will generally avoid short-term options except for special circumstances. They have one of the best research teams working and will utilize it to find opportunities over the world for their clients.
Rockefeller Capital Management is a fee-based firm that generally requires $5 million in investable assets.
You can expect the following working with Rockefeller Capital Management:
- Plenty of resources to help keep clients informed and educated about the financial world.
- A staff that can easily work with people looking to buy or sell a business.
- The client experience is paramount to them.
4) The Portfolio Strategy Group
A White Grove firm that has $1.56 billion in assets under management, The Portfolio Strategy Group has half a dozen advisors and has always strived to be one of the best options in the New York and Yonkers area. Founded in 1990, they work with people from across the country and primarily with individuals in order to help them preserve their wealth and reach their financial goals.
Based on your goals and initial conversation with them, you’ll likely be working with one of several portfolio types they offer, rooted primarily in bonds, equity, or equity income.
The Portfolio Strategy Group is a fee-only firm that requires that you have a $500,000 minimum account with them.
You can expect the following working with The Portfolio Strategy Group:
- Preserving and protecting your wealth will be their priority.
- Services offered include investment advisory and portfolio construction, financial planning which includes many other types of planning, and specialized consulting services.
- A willingness to work with other professionals under your employ.
5) Tortoise Investment Management
Tortoise Investment Management is a firm based in White Grove that has $953 million in assets under management, and while it might be our last choice here, we’re certain there are many people who would choose it first for their financial advisory and investment advisory needs. With 11 advisors and a history dating back to 2004, they primarily provide investment management and wealth planning services, with many common concerns addressed under the wealth planning umbrella.
They don’t generally stick to a single strategy for all of their clients, much preferring a custom approach for each client based on their financial situation. They also pay close attention to risk-management.
Tortoise Investment Management is a fee-only firm that doesn’t have a minimum asset requirement but does have a $10,000 minimum annual fee. Based on this, we wouldn’t recommend the firm to anyone who has less than $1 million to invest.
You can expect the following working with Tortoise Investment Management:
- They strictly hold themselves to the fiduciary standard.
- An approach that also considers human behavior and provides behavioral coaching to help prevent poor decisions.
- A diversified carefully considered portfolio.
Yonkers is a great place to base your life while you build a business, and this New York City suburb has so much to offer that you might never want to leave. We want to make that possibility easy and sustainable for you, so we ask you again to review the firms listed above to see which ones might be the best options for you. After this, don’t hesitate to make a call or schedule a meeting to see if they’re a good fit. This process might take a bit of time, but we guarantee it will be well worth it in the long run.